Monday 21 April 2014

Tag - Tim Holtz style



At last..........  I decided to join Tim's 12 Tags of 2014 so followed his video well kind off..... washi tape applied, (not sure why I chose cobwebs, maybe  thinking of the spring cleaning awaiting, or blowing the cobwebs of winter away) .
I only had ancient crackle distress paint and used Brown Linen - but it was very thick and so most came off.... I forgot that was a "wipe stage", and drowned the tag in water!! Must say these tags are very forgiving, as after inking I never "flicked" with water, again drowned it!!!!! Surprised any mediums stayed on!!
CD Graphicus  -Peacock Summer Party  and Christmas CD used for backing papers - just have Harlequin sizzix die. Sizzix again used for the flowers - Tattered Florals die, a big thank you to Jennie for her great tutorial which can be found here http://jennie-livethedream.blogspot.co.uk/. One flower coloured with Shaded Lilac and squeezed Lemonade  Distress Ink.Now I should have die cut my leaves but obviously got distracted.....

So I stuck the harlequin trips on, infilled with a few peacock feather die inserts from another strip, hadn't thought of any other infills but there you go it'll do ... Next stage flowers - no leaves so off to stash metal ones found hooray!! I had some white ribbon did the wetting and zipping through ink pads - tried it on the lower half but not as I wanted so made a huge knot at the top of the tag instead.
I did not like the space on top right hand so placed my wording connector there instead of to the lovely ribbon I had tied to the bottom of my tag - put a large metal bird onto the bow  - done!!



  
Hope everyone had a good Easter - back to same old routines tomorrow!!      :)


I am entering this into 12 Tags 2014 Tim Holtz
                                    Vintage Journey -  Theme of Spring flowers (hope mine count)
                                    Hiding In My Craft Room - Theme of Flowers
                               


2 comments:

Graciellie Design said...

How nice! Although the tag has a grungy feel to it, you achieved a lovely spring look that I enjoy very much. You did a great job! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Hiding in my Craft Room.

Graciellie
HIMCR DT
gracielliedesign . blogspot . com

Jennie Atkinson said...

I love your fabulous zingy spring colours and your flowers are wonderful. Thanks for the sharing my link and I am so pleased you found the tutorial useful. Thanks for travelling with us at A Vintage Journey for our Spring Flowers challenge. Jennie x